gytarm is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Hi, do not know how to display search results in a new form.

Hi everyone

I'm new to these forums so please let me introduce myself. My name is Gordon and I am very inexperienced with Access. I'm trying to create a simple pharmacy customer database, in which customers can be added, searched, and their related prescriptions can be shown.

I've hit a bit of brick wall. I've created a multi-field search form for looking up customers (frmCustomerResults) that seems to work as desired, but the search results appear in a new datasheet. What I can't figure out is how to make the results appear in a form like frmCustomerResults, which has the customer prescription details in a subform.

Once I get past this issue, I'm going to attempt to allow users to add a new customer, and add prescriptions to customers.

I've attached my attempt to date GYT_Database.zip, and would really appreciate some insight. I have scoured the internet and a number of access books without any luck. Unfortunately, I have no experience with coding.

Kind regards,

Gordon

amrut is offline Expert
    Hi,

You can perform search without coding too. I have modified the form frmcustomersearch and attached the modified database. You need to adjust the layout of controls though. I would recommend changing the text boxes to combo boxes with data pulled from the relevant table fields rather than text boxes

gytarm is offline Novice
    Hi Amrut, thanks a lot for this, had been pulling my hair out and with your changes it does everything I need it to.

Thanks again,

Gordon

jimmie is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    can anyone tell me where the modified form and database is that this post references?

Quote Originally Posted by amrut View Post
    Hi,

You can perform search without coding too. I have modified the form frmcustomersearch and attached the modified database. You need to adjust the layout of controls though. I would recommend changing the text boxes to combo boxes with data pulled from the relevant table fields rather than text boxes

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    It appears that Amrut emailed it directly to Gordon, instead of posting it so someone else could learn from it.

amrut is offline Expert
    I have accidentally deleted that file !!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.