memario1214 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Implementation of Security program into current database

I am in need of some help implementing the security program provided in this thread. https://www.accessforums.net/sample-...ent-20745.html

Could someone please provide me some direction as to where I need to go to modify this for my needs. It may just be my lack of understanding of code, but I find myself lost as to where to start here... Any help?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    We don't know your database so how can we advise how to modify code to your situation?

What have you tried? Why doesn't it work - error messages, wrong results, nothing happens?

Provide your attempted code or the file (follow instructions at bottom of my post) for analysis.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    We don't know your database so how can we advise how to modify code to your situation?

What have you tried? Why doesn't it work - error messages, wrong results, nothing happens?

Provide your attempted code or the file (follow instructions at bottom of my post) for analysis.
    I unfortunately don't have any attempted code because I don't fully understand the program. I can't seem to find out where the program designates exactly what tables, forms, etc that a user gains access to by being at different access levels. I want the Drafters to only have access to the Drafter controls form, and a master user will have access to other forms I haven't completed yet. Database has been attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bump?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Hold down shift key when opening the sample db to override project Options settings and you will be able to explore its structure.

Applying this concept to your db will involve code that tailors forms in accordance with the user profile as defined in a Users table. For instance, when a main menu form is opened by non administrator, certain command buttons could be disabled or even not visible. An example is in the VBA Open event of fmnuMainMenu.

Adapt this template or build your own security structure from scratch.

I started to download your file but it was taking so long and it was late. However, not much reason to download until there is some code attempted that can be evaluated.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.