Fengtiger is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Question How to make a selectable list???

Hi brothers!

I apologize about my english but i will try to be more clear possible...

I created a database with 2 tables for register clients without any relationship in both. In my Principal form, i want to put a selectable list that when i click in a name listed by a query, on the center of the form, the respective fields on the form can be populated with the existing registries on the table. I'm trying to use the Contacts example provided by Microsoft but the way that they done are very dificult to understand...

Anyone can provide some tips or a tutorial of how to do this... if you all can understand what i am saying rsrs...

Thanks by the help and attention...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry, don't understand.

If the tables don't have a relationship (primary key/foreign key) how are they both relevant to the issue? If they do have a pk/fk association then the related data can be retrieved by:

1. setting the form RecordSource as a query that joins the two tables.

2. textboxes refer to columns of combobox that have the fields retrieved in the combobox RowSource
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Fengtiger is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks for the information. Something that I didn't understand:

In the case of my db: i have 2 tables but they doesn't have a relationship because they don't have informations in common. I did a form to save records on the table and a form to show the records on the table and add comments. What i need is a form that show in the right side the form that show the records and a list that i can select the name by a query (that i already did) and when the name is selected the information is populated on specific fields of the form.

Thanks by the help... you understand better now? rsrs... sorry by my english... a think that using google translator is not a good idea... rrsrs...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I still don't understand what the tables are for. If they are not associated in any way, why do you have them? Option 2 should be relevant regardless.

Where do you want the information to fill the fields on form to come from?

If you want to provide file for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.