williamc3502 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

How to create a filter in forms?

Hi everyone, I am new in using access 2010. It would be very great if u can help me.

I want to ask how to create a filter in forms.

For instance, I want to create a textbox for criteria input. After clicking a button, data can be filtered by the value of the criteria input and shown out.

Can I do this in access? How to achieve this?
    Thanks so much!!!!!

tanvi is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    In a form, you have four choices to filter records:

Quick filter shows you a list of all the values for a particular field and lets you choose which ones you want to hide. It’s easy to use, but potentially timeconsuming. If you want to hide numeric values that fall into a certain range, then you’ll get the job done much faster with the “filter by condition” approach (as described later). To show the list of quick filter values, move to the field you want to filter, and then click Home➝Sort & Filter➝Filter.

Filter by selection applies a filter based on an existing value. First, find the value in one of the records, right-click it, and then choose a filter option. You can right-click a price value of $25, and then choose “Greater Than or Equal to 25” to hide low-cost items.

Filter by condition lets you define the exact criteria you want to use to filter records. You don’t need to base it on an existing value. To add this sort of filter, right-click the field and then look for a submenu with filtering options. This menu item is named according to the data, so text fields include a Text Filters option, number fields have a Number Filters option, and so on.

Advanced filters are filters that you design using a window that looks just like the query designer. The advantage of advanced filters is that you can apply filters on more than one field in a single step. To create a set of advanced filters, choose Home➝Sort & Filter➝Advanced➝Advanced Filter/Sort.

Ref:http://answers.oreilly.com/topic/185...n-access-2010/

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.