MelonFuel is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Help printing off multiple reports.

Hello Guys.

Ill try and explain this the best i can. If you don't understand I'm sorry just ask for more details.

Well. My situation is this.

As of now i have a around 30 different reports each named liked this:- TQP9_1_8_CheckThat4700

How can i print off the selected reports. The report amount is usually between 8 and 14 reports.

Can someone produce some VB code or tell my how to do it in a macro.

Another question i need to know is the i might need to print off 2 or 3 because they are in a set. But some of the pages only need to be printed of once.

Has Access got the capability of doing that.

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, Access can do all that with VBA code (I doubt macros can handle). Can't offer code specific to your situation because don't know data and form/report structures.

Why do you have 30 similar name reports? Are they identical in structure and just have different filter criteria? How will you select the desired reports? What criteria determines which reports should print and which pages and how many copies?

Here is code extract from my project.

DoCmd.OpenReport strReport, acViewPreview, , "Submit.LabNum='" & strLabNum & "'", acWindowNormal

DoCmd.PrintOut acPages, 1, IIf(booPage2 = True, 2, 1), , 2
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Hi June7 thanks for the reply.

I have tried the macro way and it did work but i don't think its suitable.

No the reports are grouped like that because each product range has a TQP number ie TQP 9_17_1_1.

Scrap the first idea they only need to be printed off once

Depending on the product the report could have between 8 and 12 pages and no they are not similar structure and data in them.

What I'm hoping is to get access to realise either the "SerialNo or OrderNo" then assign the correct TQP report to the correct number order and the print them off as a set.

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Where is code to open report - behind a bound form? You want report for the current record of the form? So the OrderNo or SerialNo are available from the record on form and can be used in conditional code to determine which report to run?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    The code is on a button on the form, The Form is bound, yes current record for current form and yes serialNo and OrderNo are available to do that.

June7 is online now VIP
    I don't know your criteria so can't offer specifics. Use If Then Else or Select Case structure to evaluate the values and output appropriate report.

Attempt code and if you encounter issue, post question.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.