GDimaya is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

database table design for tracking tasks and alerts system

I initially posted a thread in the programming section that led me to question the database design.

The overall gist of the program is to create a tracking and alerts system for predefined (global) tasks that require completion within a 45 day period. The documents are all in Word format and since it is known that access memo fields have corruption issues, I decided to allow users to complete their forms in Word, click on a button (macro) and upload the data into access fields. Once the data is in access, all that is needed is to output the reports in PDF form. The only requirement prior to completing the forms is the user must enter a case name, dob, and start date. The end date is a fixed time frame and calculated once the start date is entered. Once this information is entered a timeline is automatically created when the user clicks on the "timeline" tab. The timeline view must have a start date and end date for all tasks without the user entering any tasks, although at one point they will have the ability to add tasks. All tasks have a number of days associated with it.

I have a 1:M table for 1 incident to many tasks. A junction table with compound keys for both tasks and incidents. One task can branch out into different processes and trigger another timeline and alert process. I have attached the relationship report from access.

I am wondering if the relationships are the correct.
    any advice would be appreciated. thank you in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Did you check out the Issues & Tasks template database?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.