Huddle is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 64bit

Need Most Effeceint Data Entry Form using Search Form

I need to determine the best way to set up a data entry form which will need to include a look up or search form. I have attached an example of the form without the tables.

What I want to be able to do is have the user type in the state and post. A query would need to find the record and auto fill the city, address, bldg number and district which is all in the same subform. I also want it to lookup and auto fill the PostID_Number which is part of the main form.

I have a vague idea how to do the search form with a query from the DataPig website but not sure how to make it autofill the fields.

The user would then enter the inspection date, time, by, PSO, deficiency and comment. I will add command buttons for them to click to save the record or cancel the entry. I need to know how to make it not leave a record unless the save or cancel command buttons are clicked.

The ultimate goal is I need to have a new record entered with the PostID_Number, Inspection Date, Time, By, PSO, Deficiency and Comment. I do not want duplicate records for the State, Post, City....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Huddle is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 64bit
    This has been on there for a while with no assistance. So maybe I should approach it differently. Is there a way to use the State & Post unbound fields as criteria for a lookup for the PostID_Number. Maybe I don't need a subform at all. Any help and direction is appreciated. It's critical I get this done in the next week.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.