MelonFuel is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Help With A Stock Database Any Ideas?

Hi guys hoping anyone can help me with any ideas they may have on helping me achieve the mammoth task.

Have a button that can be pressed and all order in that table above will go to the table below.

Another button that is on each line when the order has been sent down that can be pressed and the user can select which order(s) have been completed and the ones that haven’t been completed can be sent back up to the above table.

The ones that haven’t been completed may have to be stored in a table that keeps records of all the ones that haven’t been completed yet but when they are marked when completed they are removed from that table and then put into that table.

Filter out orders that are due 2 weeks or less but also allow the user to see order past 2 weeks i.e. 3weeks a month or even a year or 2.

Have a button that if all the order is completed it can be sent straight to some sort of completed table.

Allow the user to see all the records in the completed table and also include a search bar.

Thanks Guys.

Aaron5714 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Here are some ideas to help get you started:

It sounds like you might not actually need multiple tables for orders. You could create a single table called Orders and have a field in that table called "Completed" that is set to the data type "Yes/No". Then you can filter the data in the Orders table by this field to see only completed or not completed orders. You could also create queries that use criteria to limit their output based on whether "Completed" is set to yes or no. The data returned by these queries could be displayed in forms that would separate completed and not completed orders so that it appears to your users that these orders are in separate tables as you describe.

To filter out orders based on specific date criteria, again all you need to do is include a field in your Orders table for "Order Date" and then you can create a query that would filter based on this field. To filter out orders due in two weeks or less you would add the "Order Date" field to your query and then in the criteria row add something like this: Date()-[Order Date]>14

MelonFuel is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Yeah that seems to be a good suggestion mate i've copied what you have said and i will get back to you what he thinks

Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.