Nashskye13 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Queries & Macros aren't producing results after system crash

I inherited this db mid-completion and was asked to finish it. The person who started this left the company. I am fairly new to Access so I am stumbling through this project. I had completed the db and was testing it when it crashed. Now it's not working and I cannot figure out why. I am sure it is simple but I have looked at it so long I am overlooking the problem. Could someone take a look at it and tell me what's missing? In the "View Accomodation Records", I have a query and macro set up to filter the results by policy number and populate the record information in a form. The same thing goes for "Export Referrals". This query and macro populate the record information in a report, then export it to an excel file.

I have attached the db. The records are ones that I made up and put in there for testing purposes and not real customer information.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance with this issue!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Exactly what are the issues?

I tested the View Accommodation button and a popup prompts for input, however, it prompts twice. I am guessing that is not correct. When I view properties, I see a prompt in the Filter property of [Form CR Accommodations - ALL] as well as in the query [Accommodation Report All]. When I remove the one from the query, no popups trigger. Weird. I cannot get this parameter input to work.

I won't use query input parameter popups because can't validate entry.

I see ALike used instead of Like in filter criteria, as in: ALike "*" & [Forms]![frm_Rpt_Criteria]![cboCare Manager] & "*"
    I have never seen 'Alike' and it won't change. My research indicates this has something to do with SQL Server compatibility. http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...627#post754627
    When I changed the wildcard from * to %, the ALike criteria worked.

I also don't use macros, only VBA.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Nashskye13 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I removed the SQL Server Compatible Syntax (ANSI 92) option. I changed all the "Alikes" to "Likes" to filter the criteria. This fixed the issue with the Accommodations command button issues. I only get the prompt once and the parameters/query work perfectly. THANK YOU!!

I am still having trouble with the "Export Referrals" portion of the switchboard. I did this differently from the Accommodations parameter but cannot get the query to run. From the switchboard would open a form where the user would put in the policy number and select a care manager from a combo box [frm_Rpt_Criteria]. This would prompt a macro to run the query, populate a report [Claims Referral Report] with the data, open the report in a print preview version and export the report to an excel spreadsheet. Do you have a suggestion how I can do this with VBA vs. the macro?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.