Hello all

I volunteer for an organization that uses various types of equipment, radios, golf carts, cars, trucks, etc.

I have been tasked to develop a database that will do the following.

when volunteer #1 comes to a shift, i need to do the following.
1. scan their individual barcode (alternativly enter their name)
2. check them into an attendance list
3. issue them equipment such as a key, golf car and radio. all equipment will have a uniqe barcode .
4. scan them in for a lunch break, i.e. electronically check their name off a list that they did get lunch
5. scan them and their equipment out at the end of their shift.

when this process happens we normally have about 30 minutes to sign in a person and check them out with equipment, there are 80 to 100 volunteers per shift.

As for reports,
i wil need to generate a list of people and equipment that was not scanned in at the end of the shift,

need to create a report on who has checked in for lunch (or who hasnt)
would like to be able to run a report per shift who showed up and what timethey checked in

linking their photo to their barcode would be nice but not necesary.

in the background i will need to have a record of barcode, make model description serial number etc and for people, name addres email phone photo etc. I do not need all this info on the checkin form.

in short i need to know who is there what time they got there and what equipment they have.

what is the best way to go about this? do i need several tables? one large table? no tables?

thanks

Aaron