Howardlr is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Question Access Reverts Back to Original Data

We have an Access 2007 db that is used to supply test specification data to a test stand. We changed some values, saved the db, verified the values changed by closing and reopening the db, and when we use the db by running the test program we find that the db has reverted back to the original values! I have tried several ways of fixing this including making sure that the directory we have the db is in is enabled. I do not own enough hair to be pulling any more out, so any and all assistance will be appreciated.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    What is the "test program"? Does it push data back into Access? Is the database you updated the same one that the test program references?

Windows XP Access 2007
    What I mean by test program, it is the operational program on this test station for testing components, not a db test program.

In this particular table it is only reading the set-up data for the test program (nominal , high, and low limit values).

And yes it is the same db. Whenever we need to modify the limits a test engineer modifies a value(s) in this table and saves it so that the next time the program is run it now has the new limits.

Thanks

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    In this particular table it is only reading the set-up data for the test program (nominal , high, and low limit values).
    ...Whenever we need to modify the limits a test engineer modifies a value(s) in this table and saves it so that the next time the program is run it now has the new limits.

It almost sounds like the data can go either way. You enter it into the table and the test program reads it, but also data from the test program can be pushed back to the table in Access. If that is the case, then it sounds like there must be some coding involved that pushes the data from the test program back to the table that is overwriting your updates. Do you actually create new records each time or do you just do updates?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jzwp11 View Post
    Do you actually create new records each time or do you just do updates?
    In this instance,
    this table is read only for the information, not written to. I am manually changing the data when I want to alter the data, not via a program. No new records are created, only updating previous ones.

There should not be any code that is updating this area of the table. I have gone through the code and not found any and this has never occurred in the past. I hate to suond silly, but it is as though there is a "ghost" db that is being accessed. Though I have verified that THIS is the db/table it is reading from.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Any chance you could provide the code to which you referred?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.