kpo is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

corrupt database, while working on it.

Hello,

I have been working on my inventory database for about 2 weeks now. It was previously stored in excel, which I imported to access and have created forms and queries to help use the data in our inventory table. The last thing to do was add an attachment field to add the pictures of the things we have in inventory. I was going through all the records in my inventory table to add pictures.

After trying to add a picture have way through I got an error message saying that

'Access couldn't open database ".'

I clicked compact and repair and in the errors table I got...

"error -1611, The Microsoft Access database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time."

Now I can't even open it. It tried to recover it but I get a message saying...

"the database (my file location and name).accdb can't be repaired or it isn't a microsoft access database file"
    & "the microsoft access database engine could not find the object msysresources"

I am the only person who even has this database on their computer. We don't have a network or server or anything either. So, I know no one else could have tried to open the file or anything like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tanvi is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Dear Kpo,

The error “1611” occurs when multiple users try to change the same data. As you have mentioned in your post that you only have this database on your PC but it is very rare in this scenario to get such error “1611” message.

I have a suggestion for you i.e. you need to create a blank database and imported each table in the new database.

In case this attempt get unsuccessful then use access database recovery software which you can easily search on Google like this:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=access+database+recovery+software

Suggestion: In a multi-user environment it is most important that the database must split into Frontend and Backend and that everyone have their own local copy of the FrontEnd.

c_farm is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Is there any error with the error?
    You are saying that you are the only user of that database file. Right? How could you so sure about that no can use it? That isn't your computer, or is that? So anyone can use it. Yeah but the case is different if that database is password protected.
    Your case is little difficult. I think the database is corrupt, that's why it's showing cross (wrong) error. You need to repair that database file. I can't suggest you to buy any database recovery program as sometimes they don't work according to our wish. But still you can try them by using their free demo version. So here is the tool:http://www.sysinfotools.com/recovery...-software.html and you can use its demo version to repair your corrupt database and see the preview of recovered data. If you feel satisfied then the choice is yours.
    Hope good. Stay blessed.

kpo is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks so much for all the help. I really appreciate it.

I have learned so much since I started, this was my first time working in access in addition to building a database. It was easier for me to start over with a clean slate than try to patch or repair the database back to it already shaky and hodge podged state from before.

JoelBarry is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Nobody likes to face access database error, but there are incidents when you got to deal with different error messages. Fortunately, RecoveryFix for Access Recovery software is one such proficient tool to restore access database.

Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.