Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shree is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Forms text box issue

hi please find the attachment revise db and thanks a lot for you time really!! n sorry as well for bothering you again and again!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Step 1 said: Move ALL the controls to the Header section, not SOME, ALL. However, I guess the Comment textbox should stay in detail section but need to fix the code that calculates this value. Why not put the expression in the Comment textbox ControlSource? I don't know what this Comment is for.

Step 3 said: Create TWO textboxes in Detail section, not FOUR.

I will add step 6: Arrange the two texboxes side-by-side and reduce the size of the Detail section to just bigger than the textboxes.

Using criteria of AD40123 and 5/16/2012, the results in Detail section (agrees with the DSum textboxes) I see are:

GSAM 10000
    BPN -50000

Even without these additional corrections, the project you provided shows the same results, just shows them twice for each broker.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

shree is offline Novice
    HI June Thanks a lot! its working issue is resolved , I happy to say this accessforums is amazing for who has face the barrier in access. you people are too good.

If in future i need help on my project i will contact you again. thanks!!

shree is offline Novice
    Hi June,

i have one more issue remember that comment text box, this text box gives me the comment of detail of all broker position in string its help me to copy and update on my another software. now we can create via macro this comment
    previously i create like this :

Private Sub Text9_GotFocus()
    Text9 = "- This exception is related to collateral -" & _
    IIf(IsNull([Forms]![FORM3].[Text5]), " ", "BPN" & "Shares" & [Text5]) & " " & IIf(IsNull([Forms]![FORM3].[Text7]), " ", "GSAM" & [Text7])
    End Sub

but now we have only two text box so it is giving me only one brokers detail. is it possible through macro to bring me all data security held it comes in one text box means prepare the comment using loop. thanks!!

June7 is offline VIP
    You want to repeat every broker name and the shares amount into one long concatenated string? With the revised form structure that won't be easy.

Review this: http://allenbrowne.com/func-concat.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

shree is offline Novice
    Hi June, Previously what you suggest that is perfect for me, but i want to create another one text box its gives us the comment like : (Date - Current date) & "- This exception is related to collateral" A) [Broker Name] & [Broker ID] & [Bal] 2) Next Broker ..... - & (Date - First date of next month).

June7 is offline VIP
    If you want to concatenate data from related records into a continuous string, need code. Review the link I referenced. There may be a limit on how long the string can be.

Exactly why do you need to display like this in a textbox? What do you want to do with the created string?

shree is offline Novice
    Thanks June, This is my database file but i have to update the comment in client software for this particular security your shares are held with these brokers,

it is easy them to read of security bifurcation. n could you please clear about date thanks !

June7 is offline VIP
    'clear about date' - what date?

'to read of security bifurcation' - what does that mean?

Maybe instead of writing to a textbox, you should write data to a csv file or export to Excel.

shree is offline Novice
    Ok June instead of text box comment, it good to prefers CSV file,and in text box has character limit.

client has separate software in that software we have to update the end of the day balance in string format so they can easy to read the security allocation on brokers. june please help me out

June7 is offline VIP

shree is offline Novice
    but creating comment for each security i have to export the data to in excel it will become pain full activity for us,

is it possible we can export the data of Balance query in excel so it will gives us the all securities data or comment automatically

June7 is offline VIP
    You can export any table or query. You still want the concatenated comment along with the individual data fields? That doesn't make sense to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.