need_help12 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Data range for Web Forms

Good afternoon.

I have a form I'm converting to a web form which allows end users to search for expiring contracts by entering a date range. In my client db, this was done by putting the following criteria in the StartDate section of the query: "<[Forms]![Navigation_Admin]![Navigation_Subform].[Form]![EndDate]", and this criteria in the EndDate section of the query: "Between [Forms]![Navigation_Admin]![NavigationSubform].[Form]![StartDate] And [Forms]![Navigation_Admin]![NavigationSubform].[Form]![EndDate]"

Upon entering this criteria into my web query for my web form, I was prompted by Access that this is not a valid function for web compatability. What are my options for doing a start date/end date filter for a web form?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Which function is not compatible - is it really the BETWEEN AND that is not accepted? Show the complete query sql statement for analysis.

Try:
    >=[Forms]![Navigation_Admin]![NavigationSubform].[Form]![StartDate] And <= [Forms]![Navigation_Admin]![NavigationSubform].[Form]![EndDate]"
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Well, that allowed me to run the query no problem, but when I do, it returns all the datasets in my table. I think I'm missing something parameter related, and I simply dont have the web database knowledge.

June7 is offline VIP
    Want to show the complete sql statement for analysis?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Maybe that's my issue? I'm not using SQL.

June7 is offline VIP
    If you are building queries in Access, then you are using SQL language. Access queries are based on SQL syntax. Open query in SQL View and copy/paste the statement into post.

I thought there was no SQL View for web databases? Am I mistaken?

June7 is offline VIP
    Ooops, sorry, I have never built web database. Even if there is no SQL View, the sql must be saved somewhere. If hidden sys tables can be viewed in web db, might find the sql in the MySysQueries table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.