dhicks19 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Database help, key violations

Hi guys, we have a fairly complex database, it basically has checks that need to be carried out. We have a table call tblplan and if the check is on there, the database will open every monday morning and basically re-schedule the checks that are on tblplan and make a works order from it. Also every monday, it checks to see what works orders are scheduled for the present week and prints them all in a report for the operator to use.

The auto re-scheduler has been working for ages and has only stopped at 27/01/2014, it schedules 735 days from todays date so it stopped working at the end of last january.

I have tried looking at it and I can see that when QRYREPEATPLAN7DAY is run it has key violations when appending to tblplan but when you make the query a select query and show the last field of the query you can see the dates get past 27/01/2014 so I think its working just not appending.Every monday the form MONDAYLOOP is ran

I did not make this database myself, but I need to find and solve the issue with the auto scheduling of works orders. I do not totally understand how it works

If anyone can have a quick look it would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Sorry its just really hard to explain how it works.

Find attached but be warned - its a bit of a challenge. New PPM (3).zip

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dhicks19; 05-09-2012 at 07:37 AM.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    When I opened db first time get errors about missing references to MSCAL.ocx and calendargfi.ocx. Also "Invalid procedure call or argument" errors on the splash form when opening and closing.

The second time I opened it I got an error message I've never seen:

"The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted. Deleting the VBA project removes all code from modules, forms and reports."

I have no idea what that is all about but when I clicked OK to continue (CANCEL would not cancel), I find all the code was deleted. I can download again but think this is a far as I am going to get.

I did see that qrywoticketbatchprinted errors because missing TblMethod. That query is part of the Monday loop procedure. However, QRYREPEATPLAN7DAY is run first so would not think that is the issue. What is it about QRYREPEATPLAN7DAY that generates key errors?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    When I opened db first time get errors about missing references to MSCAL.ocx and calendargfi.ocx. Also "Invalid procedure call or argument" errors on the splash form when opening and closing.

The second time I opened it I got an error message I've never seen:

"The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted. Deleting the VBA project removes all code from modules, forms and reports."

I have no idea what that is all about but when I clicked OK to continue (CANCEL would not cancel), I find all the code was deleted. I can download again but think this is a far as I am going to get.

I did see that qrywoticketbatchprinted errors because missing TblMethod. That query is part of the Monday loop procedure. However, QRYREPEATPLAN7DAY is run first so would not think that is the issue. What is it about QRYREPEATPLAN7DAY that generates key errors?
    Thanks for taking the time to have a look, please see attached it shouldnt throw up an error this time

thanks for your help

New PPM (3).zip
    Last edited by dhicks19; 05-09-2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

June7 is online now VIP
    I tried to download new file but get error that zip folder is invalid or corrupted.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I can download and run it ok on a different machine. Hmmmm.

Try this, its zipped with winzip instead of windows.

New PPM (2).zip

Hopefully it will work this time round.

June7 is online now VIP
    I can't extract from WinZip, only Windows Compression. That second one must have been Windows because I got it. Ooops, I thought I got it. Seemed to download fine but when I open the db there's nothing in it in spite of the file size.

thats strange, i can download and open them all fine on another machine. Ah well, thanks for trying though.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.