mkc80 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Create a duplicate table using the same form and compare it with the original table

Here is what I am trying to do:
    I have form, and a table which is created from this form. The data is entered a second time using the form to make sure there are no discrepancies.
    Can someone suggest an easiest way to implement this? (create a new table (which is duplicate), and then compare them?

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I'm not sure I understand this:
    I have form, and a table which is created from this form. The data is entered a second time using the form to make sure there are no discrepancies.
    1. Your Form is 'creating' a table?
    2. You enter the same data TWICE?
    3. Your two runs of the data create two tables - and you want to compare the data in the two tables?

It just seems to me that you shouldn't have to enter the dame data twice - no?
    Why enter the same data twice?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Sorry, I am new to access. So I think I might be wrong in saying Form creates a table.
    1) In the navigation menu, I have a form where we enter the data, and there is a table which holds this information. I was wondering how is the link established between this form and table?
    (I see there is a VBA code associated with this form but cannot figure out if at all there is a create command for the table in this VBA code)
    2) Yes, the data is entered twice by two different people, to check and avoid human error while data entry. And thats the reason we need to compare the two tables after data entry.

Robeen is offline VIP
    I was wondering how is the link established between this form and table?
    When the Form is created, you have the choice to allow Access to 'bind' [Link] it to a data source [a Table, or a Query].
    You can also create a Form that is NOT bound to a data source.
    In your case it is probably bound to your Table.

I see there is a VBA code associated with this form but cannot figure out if at all there is a create command for the table in this VBA code
    Unless there is a very special circumstance that requires it, I don't think your Form is creating the Table.
    When you open your Table through the Navigation menu, if all the data that has ever been put into the table is in there - then the Table was probably created once and the form just keeps adding data to it.
    If you post your VBA Code here - we can tell you whether any Tables are getting created in the code.

Yes, the data is entered twice by two different people, to check and avoid human error while data entry. And thats the reason we need to compare the two tables after data entry.
    Does the second person use a different Form to enter data?
    If not - how is the data getting into two separate tables?
    Or have you not done this part of your project yet?

Windows XP Access 2007
    First of all, thank you for answering my naive questions.

1) Yes, I think this is what is happening
    2) Actually I am not sure I can post that code because it is very sensitive information
    3) Yes, I haven't implemented this part of the project yet.
    No, he uses the same form, so I was wondering if there is a way that two different tables are linked to the same form?
    or do you want me to create a complete new form just by copying the entire design and just sort of link to the new table and then compare the two tables.

Robeen is offline VIP
    It is possible for the same Form to be linked to two tables [or queries] by changing the 'Record Source' property of the form using VBA code.

For instance, I just put a Command Button on a Form and put this code in there:
    Code:
    Private Sub Command30_Click()
            Me.RecordSource = "QryParameter_2"
    End Sub
    The Form's original Record Source [when it opens] is 'QryParameter'. But you can just as easily have two different tables.

I hope this gives you something to work on. Let me know if you need any other help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.