Jerseynjphillypa is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007

NZ and Sum by Group

Here is my SQL. i am trying to Sum the Stock and Used data by DateEnter and if its nothing I want it to show up as a 0.

But I get the following error
    You tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression 'Item' as part of an aggregate function

INSERT INTO AllDataTogether ( DateEnter )
    SELECT RawInfoUNION.*, [enter date] AS DateEnter
    FROM (SELECT Information.Item, Location, Supplier, Used, Sum(Nz(Raw Data]![Stock],0)) AS Stock FROM Information LEFT JOIN [Raw Data] ON Information.Item = [Raw Data].Item
    UNION SELECT [Information 2].Item, Location, Supplier, Sum(Nz(Raw Data 2]![Used],0)) AS Used, Sum(Nz(Raw Data 2]![Stock],0)) AS Stock FROM [Information 2] LEFT JOIN [Raw Data 2] ON [Information 2].Item = [Raw Data 2].Item) AS RawInfoUNION
    WHERE (((RawInfoUNION.Location)="NJ")) OR (((RawInfoUNION.Location)="CA"));

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Since your using a sum aggregate function you need to include the Group By
    Code:
    SELECT Information.Item, Location, Supplier, Used, Sum(Nz(Raw Data]![Stock],0)) AS Stock FROM Information LEFT JOIN [Raw Data] ON Information.Item = [Raw Data].Item Group By Item, Location, Supplier
    UNION SELECT [Information 2].Item, Location, Supplier, Sum(Nz(Raw Data 2]![Used],0)) AS Used, Sum(Nz(Raw Data 2]![Stock],0)) AS Stock FROM [Information 2] LEFT JOIN [Raw Data 2] ON [Information 2].Item = [Raw Data 2].Item Group By Item, Location,Supplier) AS RawInfoUNION
    Also in the first part of the union you have the field Used In the Second Part it's a calculation. If it's a field in the first part of the union include it in the group by. If not you need to put in a calculation such as Sum(0) As Used. instead of just used.

I get the following error and I can't figure where to remove/add the ")".

If I keep the ")" to complete he FROM, I get the error Extra ) in query expression 'Supplier) AS RawInfoUnion WHERE (((RawInfo UNION.Location)="NJ")) OR (((RawInUnion.Location)="CA"))'

and if I remove it I get missing operator

Code:
    INSERT INTO AllDataTogether ( DateEnter )
    SELECT RawInfoUNION.*, [enter date] AS DateEnter
    FROM (SELECT Information.Item, Location, Supplier, Used, Sum(Nz([Raw Data]![Stock],0)) AS Stock FROM Information LEFT JOIN [Raw Data] ON Information.Item = [Raw Data].Item Group By Item, Location, Supplier
    UNION SELECT [Information 2].Item, Location, Supplier, Sum(Nz([Raw Data 2]![Used],0)) AS Used, Sum(Nz([Raw Data 2]![Stock],0)) AS Stock FROM [Information 2] LEFT JOIN [Raw Data 2] ON [Information 2].Item = [Raw Data 2].Item) Group By Item, Location,Supplier) AS RawInfoUNION
    WHERE (((RawInfoUNION.Location)="NJ") OR (((RawInfoUNION.Location)="CA"));

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    In the second part of the Union in the On part of the left join you have a ) prior to the Group by Item, Location,supplier) Take that one out.

Now I'm getting a error sayng Syntax error in query expression '((RawInfoUnion.Locattion)="NJ") OR (((RawInfoUNION.Location)="CA")):'

I called the query RayTest and attached the dbm Make sure you copy the code into raytest query since its missing the last WHERE statement

Code:
    INSERT INTO AllDataTogether ( DateEnter )SELECT RawInfoUNION.*, [enter date] AS DateEnter
    FROM (SELECT Information.Item, Location, Supplier, Used, Sum(Nz([Raw Data]![Stock],0)) AS Stock FROM Information LEFT JOIN [Raw Data] ON Information.Item = [Raw Data].Item Group By Item, Location, Supplier
    UNION SELECT [Information 2].Item, Location, Supplier, Sum(Nz([Raw Data 2]![Used],0)) AS Used, Sum(Nz([Raw Data 2]![Stock],0)) AS Stock FROM [Information 2] LEFT JOIN [Raw Data 2] ON [Information 2].Item = [Raw Data 2].Item Group By Item, Location,Supplier) AS RawInfoUNION
    WHERE (((RawInfoUNION.Location)="NJ") OR (((RawInfoUNION.Location)="CA"));
    If I remove the WHERE statement but I wish to include this I get the following error message
    The specified field 'Item' could refer to more than one table listed in the FROM clause of your SQL statement
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for all your help RayMilhon

I was able to figure it out. The table was not being properly called

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Glad you got it figured out.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.