Hi, I'm relatively new to Access, but I'd think I am a little bit computer savvy.
We use a custom add in to Outlook that allows us to track our work time sheets with projects, time etc. from the calendar. This add in uses a file on a SharePoint server to add the project names, project manager and start dates etc..
What we'd like to do is use access to do our invoicing, so I'd like to be able to change this file without having to use double entry though out the system.
I can link to the file and it imports only 1 record. in one of the fields is a semi-colon delimited field, and a record delimiter of a semi-colon:
The information is given in the following order:
Also where ever there is a comma in the above entries it replaces that with "_COMMA_"
So I need to get this into a table so we can use it, and also if we update that table it would need to update the original field also.
I figured a of query with some scripting would be the best way to do it, does any body point me in the right direction on where to start. I have had a look through some of the other forum posts and haven't found any with similar .
An alternative but least favourable outcome would be just to have a table that when a new entry is added, it would attach the new project info to the end of the field.