Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Re the details tab, how much info will be presented? Think I would still put that note on the main form along with the subform.

Compound primary keys are a valid technique but I find them cumbersome and try to avoid. If each soldier can be associated with more than one unit, then I suggest a junction table to associate soldier with units. If soldier will never be associated with more than one unit, then compound key or junction table are not relevant.

Why do you have a table for roster?

If database is to track weapon assignment why doesn't 1tblWeaponsAssigned have weapon serial numbers?

Primary entities of this db appear to be: Soldiers, Weapons, Qualification Events.

Seems to me that the weapon assignment and qualification can be handled independently. If soldier will have only one weapon of a particular class/type then it can be taken for granted that the qualification for that class/type was done with that weapon. No need to record the weapon ID in the qualification data. But then does it really matter if the qualification is associated with a specific weapon (by serial number). What if weapon is damaged/lost/stolen and must be replaced? Must soldier qualify again?

Simplest structure would be a junction table to associate events and soldiers. Form/subform arrangement would be: main form creates record in qualification events (weapon type, weapon class, weapon sight, qual type), subform creates records in junction table for each soldier selected.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CoreyM is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry I have been out of touch for a few days, any luck with a solution to my problem. Thanks again for your help.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Then click the summit button witch run the appendWeaponQuery and appendWeaponQualQuery. What I am seeing is the first query run ok but the second query adds more data the selected.
    The appendWeaponQualQuery does not have a WHERE clause in the nested SELECT subquery.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CoreyM is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thank You I will ck that out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.