krzycho23 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Database slower under Windows 7

Witam.
    Sprawa dotyczy bazy danych stworzonej w Office Access XP 2003. Baza składa się z pliku .mdb właściwej bazy danych (tzw. back end) umieszczonego na serwerze z Windows 2000 Serwer i interfejsu (tzw. front end) obsługującego właściwą bazę danych i oprogramowanego w VBA. Z końcówki front end korzysta ok. 20 użytkowników.
    Do tej pory wszystkie komputery na których używany jest front end chodziły na Windows XP Pro Wersja 2002 SP3 i Office XP Pro 2003 SP3 i wszystko śmigało ok. Niestety po wymianie części komputerów w sieci na wyposażone w Windows 7 32-bit i Office 2010 praca na tych komputerach ze wspomnianą bazą danych stała się niemiłosiernie wolna. Na dzień dobry po odpaleniu front end ładowana jest porcja danych z back end (wybrałem najmniejsza z tabel) i potrafi zabrać to nawet do 10min. Każde kliknięcie powodujące konieczność pobrania nowej porcji danych powoduje podobną zwłokę.
    Wydaje mi się, że wina leży tu po stronie Office 2010 i wprowadzonej w nim wersji VBA 7.0 choć oczywiście pewien nie jestem.
    Może ktoś z szanownej braci forum spotkał się z takim problemem i zna jego rozwiązanie?
    Proszę o pomoc

Krzycho.
    Last edited by June7; 04-26-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: change title

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    What language is that? Need English. This is your second thread without translation and the other never received a reply.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

R_Badger is offline Knows a few tricks
    Windows XP Access 2003
    W jakim języku to jest? Potrzebujesz angielskiego. To jest twój drugi wątek bez tłumaczenia, a drugi nie otrzymał odpowiedzi.

I used google translate, its polish, I have translated your post for them June, and have below posted the translation, just for interest.

Welcome.
    The case concerns a database created in Access XP, Office 2003. The database consists of a file. Mdb database right (the back end) on the server with Windows 2000 Server and interface (ie front end) that supports the appropriate database and oprogramowanego in VBA. The front end uses the tip of around 20 users.
    So far, all the computers on which you use the front end went on a Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP3, and Office XP Pro 2003 SP3 and everything śmigało Unfortunately after replacing some of the computers on the network with Windows 7 32-bit and Office 2010 work on these computers with that database has become terribly slow. Good morning by firing a front end portion of the data is loaded from the back end (I chose the smaller of the tables) and it can take up to 10min. Each click of the resulting need to download the new portion that causes a similar delay.
    It seems to me that the fault lies here on the Office 2010 and introduced in the VBA version 7.0 but of course I'm not sure.
    Maybe some of you, dear brothers Board met with such a problem and knows the solution?
    Please help
    Krzycho.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Hello.
    I'm sorry. It's an unfortunate mistake. I wanted to post it on another, polish forum. The right post like below was supposed to be posted here. Just have mistaken them. So, that's what it's all about (a short version):
    Theres a database created in Access of Office 2003 SP3. The database consists essentialy of two files, an .mdb file that contains the data (so called back-end) placed on Windows 2000 Server over the LAN and an interface file (also .mdb, co called front-end) that contains VBA code to handle creating of new records and editing of existing ones. Front-end is being used by about 20 users. So far all the maschines using the front-end ware operating on Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit ver. 2002 and Office XP 2003 Pro SP3 and everything was flying nicely.
    But here comes the bad warlock to switch some of the maschines for new and shining ones with Windows 7 32-bit and Office 2010 on them. Since than things went bad. Nothing have changed for all of old PC's in LAN but all of new ones have expirienced a major slow down in working with my database while everything else is working fine on them.
    Does anyone of You encountered such a problem? Is it becouse of a new VBA 7.0 version implemented in Office 2010 (Office XP is using VBA 6.0) or there are some issues regarding interactions between Windows 2000 Serwer or Windows XP and Windows 7? Authentication issues maybe?
    I'll be in debt to the grave for any helpful assistance.
    Kris.

R_Badger is offline Knows a few tricks
    Windows XP Access 2003
    My first thought is since you use vb to create new records and edit existing ones (still on 2003 here but soon looking to face the trouble you have now so I'm really interested), do you use DAO or ADO to do it?

I am aware that access 2010 does like to be run from a trusted location too.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi.
    DAO is in use.
    I've trusted the location (first thing to do) but the issue still kicks my butt.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.