dhicks19 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Count query return zero instead of null/blank

Hi, first off I am totally new to access and vba.

I basically have a report fed from a count query. Heres my sql code for the query

SELECT TblDailyChecksArchive.Machine, TblDailyChecksArchive.CheckID, TblDailyChecksArchive.CheckName, TblDailyChecksArchive.MaxDay, TblDailyChecksArchive.Identifier, TblDailyChecksArchive.Complete, TblDailyChecksArchive.Reason, TblDailyChecksArchive.Department, TblDailyChecksArchive.Chkdate, TblDailyChecksArchive.Result, TblDailyChecksArchive.operator, TblDailyChecksArchive.LowerLimit, TblDailyChecksArchive.UpperLimit, TblDailyChecksArchive.NotRunning, TblDailyChecksArchive.Nights, TblDailyChecksArchive.carryover
    FROM TblDailyChecksArchive
    WHERE (((TblDailyChecksArchive.Chkdate)=IIf(Weekday(Date ())=2,Date()-3,Date()-1)));

I have uploaded pics of the returned result from query and the report I am wanting to use.

My problem is basically, we have a table that stores checks that need to be carried out daily. It stores whether they are complete or incomplete (-1) is completed and (0) is not complete.
    I am trying to use a report that counts the checks, sees how many are complete and incomplete, then works out the percentage of completed check over the total amount of checks for that particular area ( cell 1,2,3,4).

E.g - If for instance cell1 has 164 checks in total, and 164 checks were complete, on the report it would show the 164 checks as completed but will not show incompleted checks as 0, because the query returns null and not a 0.

I need it to show 0 so I can work out the percentage properly.

Sorry, its hard to explain what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	query.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	7259

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	report.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	7260

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    There is a Function called the 'Nz' function that you can use in your query [or in VBA] that you can 'tell' to return a 0 instead of a Null.
    For instance - in Query Design, you could create a field named 'IncompleteChecks' - like this:
    Code:
    IncompleteChecks: Nz([IncompleteChecks],0)
    I hope this helps. Let us know if you need more help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.