Henrik is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Combobox - selecting a record returns almost all field values, but some are wrong

Dear all (and special thanks to June7 for previous efforts on a different issue),

Yes I am a newbie, and yes, I've been here before - but just once

I chose to place the primary key of a table in a combobox (a drop-down box in my main form), which MS Access nicely composed for me after launching the guide.

When I choose a record from my drop-down box, this record really becomes the current one, because all calculated fields in the main form show good results for the currently chosen record.

My subform, linked to the main form, shows correct field values as well.

BUT two text fields, located on the main form, won't change, while choosing a different record from the combobox. These fields retain their values from the previous record.

It's a bit funny. I really devoted hours on Internet, searching for an answer, but no - my question simply seems not to be there and all answers in regard to combobox problems in general tend to end up in complicated VBA code.

Friends, what I really want is that the choice in my combobox shall exactly reflect the results of the standard actions in Access (i.e. without VBA programming), like choosing next record by pressing the arrow button for it, or using the standard Access' search function in for example the discussed combobox field.

Does it have to be that complicated in the world of MS Access?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Henrik

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    A combobox used as a search tool cannot be bound to a field. All that does is change the value saved in table. Review this tutorial for one technique for building filter into form http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...tomfilter.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Henrik is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    A combobox used as a search tool cannot be bound to a field. All that does is change the value saved in table. Review this tutorial for one technique for building filter into form http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...tomfilter.html
    Thank you for walking me to a good video!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.