ammarbohra@gmail.com is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

Need some help in formatting my report

Hello, I have a few questions regarding report generation in access. I have to make a sports team with each team printed on a different page, it must have a report cover, and a sport page header with date/time on the top with a logo. My issue is

1> When ever I do print review it comes as page width is exceeded so it does not show me the preview and then each individual person appears on a different page. For example Linda Virr 95200 [check] will appear on page 1, and the next data will appear on the next page. I need all people from soccer to appear on one page, and another sport on another page etc.

2> I need to add date and time in page header section but I cant find it in the controls tab

I attached a few photos of how the report should look like and my database if any one needs more infomation.

I am really stumped and I need to finish this for an assignment. Thanks in advance and any positive feedback is welcomed!

-Ammar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kamloops-20120409-00091.jpg   Kamloops-20120409-00090.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I am not getting the 'too wide' error.

You have a page break control in the Detail section. This forces a new page after every record. Remove it. Also reset the ForcePageBreak property of the Detail section to none.

Set TeamID header ForceNewPage property to BeforeSection.
    Set TeamID footer ForceNewPage property to none.

Add tblTeam to the RecordSource twice and change the jointypes:
    SELECT tblStudent.StudentID, tblStudent.FirstName, tblStudent.LastName, tblParticipation.TeamID, tblParticipation.StartDT, tblStudent.Waiver, tblTeam.CaptainID, tblCoach.FirstName, tblCoach.LastName
    FROM (tblTeam AS tblTeam_1 LEFT JOIN tblCoach ON tblTeam_1.CoachID = tblCoach.CoachID) RIGHT JOIN (tblStudent RIGHT JOIN (tblTeam RIGHT JOIN tblParticipation ON (tblTeam.CaptainID = tblParticipation.StudentID) AND (tblTeam.TeamID = tblParticipation.TeamID)) ON tblStudent.StudentID = tblParticipation.StudentID) ON tblTeam_1.TeamID = tblParticipation.TeamID;

Then have an expression in textboxes:
    In the Detail section: =IIf([StudentID]=[CaptainID],"***Captain***")
    In the TeamID Group footer and in Report footer: =Count([StudentID])

Fix the bound fields of textboxes for names.

Google: Access 2007/2010 page numbers
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ammarbohra@gmail.com is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    hey I cant find that damn force page break any where. I found the insert page break icon, but I cant find anything in the detail, or in the property sheet or in the design panel

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    It was barely noticeable at the bottom left of the Detail section. Expand the section a little larger and it should show up. Might also want to resize the check box control so not taller than the textboxes.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.