GAccess is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

New Record Problem (Carrying over previous search values)

Hi All,

I have two search fields in a form (txtbox)

When I go to a new record, the values of those search fields are carried over to the new record.

How can I make sure that the values for the search fields are not carried over, and I am able to make a fresh blank NEW record ( did I emphasize that enough )

I have tried setting the search values to null when starting a new record however, I am unable to see those values when scrolling through previous records.. I would like to have search values populated for its respective record and not disappear when the user looks through previous records.

Example

FORM:

Car License # (Search Field) -- will populate the car make , model, and year
    Buyer
    Value

when I click new record:
    Car License # is blank .. however the new record carries over the Car make, model, and year of the previous record's Car License number, until I type in a new Car Lic #
    Buyer is blank
    Value is blank

I want search values (car make, model, and year) to be bank when creating a new record.
    I want the user to be able to look at previous records and view respective populated values (car make, model, and year)

Hope this made sense enough for someone to help!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Can you provide database for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post or upload to fileshare site such as Box.com and post link to file.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.