BFlat is offline Novice
    Windows 2K Access 2003

Append additional records

I have the following db that I've gotten help with but ran into an unforseen situation. I am tracking customers, orders, and their shipment information. Every customer can have multiple orders an devery order can have more thatn one shimpment record- that the shipper can chose to not ship the order for some reason and then decide to ship it later.

On the customer verification form I have a button to append shipment information to an order, opening the shippent form to show the customer's name and order information. However, when I click the button it only allows me to enter one shippment record per order. If I try to create and additional shippement record the form is opened to the current shippment record. I.E. I tried to create another shippment record for Gates, Lambert where Coooers is the Discharging Facility and Caterpillar is the Admitting Facility but the current record is populated. Is there any way to get around this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    That's because the form opens filtered to all shipment records that are related to the selected order. Once open, need to move to a new record. Will need to manually fill in the Order_ID.

Alternative is to open form to new record and pass the Order_ID to the form with OpenArgs and then populate the Order_ID when form opens.

DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_Shipment", , , , acFormAdd, , Me.sub_Order!OrderID

Then code in Shipment form Load or Current event:

If IsNull(Me![tbl_Shippment.OrderID]) Then Me![tbl_Shippment.OrderID] = Me.OpenArgs
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

BFlat is offline Novice
    Windows 2K Access 2003
    Workedt great. THANKS!!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.