al_colin is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Forms called through a button are not poping up

I created a Form that works as an overview of different projects and when changes or additions are required, a button calls another form by clicking on it to allow changes.

Through the past 2 days I've been clicking on the button for testing and the secondary form is not poping up, while on the bottom left a small message of Ready shows up, and I don't see any information.

It happens to 6 out of the 7 different buttons that I have, but there is one, that is the most recent form that does pop up. Has anybody had this problem before?

Is it a program problem or is it a form problem?

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    Did you use the wizard to create the button?
    Are you using VBA or a macro?
    Did you rename the button after creating the code for the button?

I would open the form in design view, click on a button, open the properties dialog box, click on the ellipsis (the "..." on the right) for the "On Click" event, and check the code. Is the code there?

Answering to your reply questions, yes, I used the wizard to create the button, making that a macro, I only changed the mode into Add.

I followed the steps you suggested just to make sure everything was alright and it is. The macro code is all in there.

What happens when I click the button is it makes the mail form blink as if some process was going on but no form comes up. I deleted the button and created a new one and there is no changes on it. It still blinks.

It won't even open the form if I click it through the Navigation Pane, I have to right-click and open on design view and then select to view in Form View from the Ribbon.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    Did You do a "Compile and Repair"?
    The form might have become corrupt. You could create a new accmdb, import everything except the problem form, then recreate the form.

If you want attach your accmdb and I'll look at it tonight when I get home. Delete any sensitive data....

I did the compile and repair and Access didn't find anything, then I decided to remove the "Pop-up" properties from the form and the program is working adequately.

I'll see if this is stable for a while and then try again with the pop up. So far it is not that indispensable to be like that. If I have any other problem related I'll attach it.

I appreciate the help Steve.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.