1gambit is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Follow-up Reminder

Help! I am a newbie at Access and I am creating a database for our clients who have filed bankruptcy. I need to create a 30 day follow-up alert from the date the bankruptcy was filed. I also need an alert to remind me 10 days before a proof of claim needs to be filed. I am not having much success with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

June7 is online now VIP
    Timers in Access are not easy and they hog processor. You can put code behind a form that opens by default when the project opens. This mean you have to open the project every day for the code to run. Code would open a query or form to return records that meet the date filter criteria.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

DinoBaggio is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    hey gambit,
    Im pretty much a complete novice myself, but could do you use outlook office? if so you could use an appointment form that automatically adds the appointment from access to your outlook calendar and provides a reminder on at the time you state in the appointment form.

not sure if this helps, but thought id throw my two cents in by chance to see if it

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Timers in Access are not easy and they hog processor. You can put code behind a form that opens by default when the project opens. This mean you have to open the project every day for the code to run. Code would open a query or form to return records that meet the date filter criteria.
    Sorry to take so long to get back on this, opening the project daily is not a problem. How would I go about creating a code for this?

June7 is online now VIP
    One way to set a default form on open is: File>Options>CurrentDatabase>set options as appropriate

Code would be in the default form Load or Open event. Now what do you want the code to do? Just a popup message 'You have follow ups' or open a report?

I use only VBA, not macros.

I don't know your knowledge level so no idea what guidance you need. Review: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...010341717.aspx

Attempt code and post for analysis.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

BLANK BANKRUPTCY DATABASE.zip
    I am not having much luck getting it to work. This is my first database and I just started using Access when I started making it so I am learning as I go. I have "deleted" a lot of the information, but if there is anything remaining, it is okay. All of the information obtained within this database is all public record.

Please look it over and if there are any other suggestions, please let me know, I am open to any suggestions.

But my main issue is I need a "pop-up" alert that will remind me when a proof of claim is due, when 30 days has passed from date of filing. Also if there is a way to get all of the accounts on the cust test table that are linked to the debtor id show up on the debtor information form, only the first account tied to the debtor id shows up. I am not having much luck in getting that to work either, and if there is a way to do it I would be forever in your debt.

June7 is online now VIP
    You have default form when project opens. In that form's Open event:
    Code:
    Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    Dim x As Integer
    x = DCount("[DebtorID3]", "[cust test]", "[PROOF OF CLAIM FILING DATE]+30>=" & Date)
    If x > 0 Then
        MsgBox x & " Proof of Claim due."
    End If
    End Sub
    Instead of message box, could have a query, form, or report open.

You have a subform to show account info. That subform's RecordSource does not need to be a join of tables. This is causing confusion. The Master/Child links are wrong. Need to be DebtorID and DebtorID3. The subform is set to Single record view. If you want to see all accounts for the client then set to Continuous or Datasheet view and reduce the size of the textbox and the Detail section.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.