bigderon88 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Help pulling data from one table to another

I am a file clerk. I have created a database to track the paper files that I am accountable for. Every day I get requests from workers for various files. I have split the database so that multiple users can access the db and edit or change the status of files. In the be I have the main db with fields required for the files and I have another database (table 2)with similar fields that i use to generate an email form that workers fill out to request files. Access then automatically pulls that data from the email form and inserts in to table 2. I pull those requested files then enter the data in to table 1 so that I know the who/what/where of a files location. I want to be able to automatically insert info from table 2 into table one after I have pulled the file and checked it out. Thanks.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Are you using the Collect Data utility? Why data not directly into table1? A design that requires duplicating data between tables is flawed. This will require code (I use only VBA) that will run INSERT SELECT sql action.

Have you looked at the Lending Library database template?

Want to provide your project for analysis?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

bigderon88 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I solved my problem with your help. I just split the table taking out the duplicate info. The user requests file using email form. Access pulls the info into the table and a relationship between the tables keeps the info together. Works, Thanks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.