Hello everyone, I am new to this forum.

I have a question related to the database I created using microsoft access.

I am currently using MS WORD 2007 and have created hundreds of standard letters (all seperate word files) which have all been merged with the database.

Reason being is that we found our employees were making too many errors when entering in our clientele's information manually each time correspondence was required.

The database contains all of the clientele's pertinent information and only needs to be called up in the letter, ergo no errors.

However, it is possible for the employee to forget to call up the client and hence the merge fields within the letter contain information related to client that was called up last. In essence, the employee is now sending out corrspondence on the wrong person.

So I added a dummy client to our database that goes by LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, in the event that they do manage to forget to call up the client. I changed all of the documents so that the last call up referred to the dummy client and then I password protected the documents, so that the employee cannot save over the file. This was working out great for a while. All correspondences contained the information of the dummy client and at least that way there was never any correspondence going out on the wrong client.

I have since added clients to the database and noticed that my correspondence now contains information pertaining to an actual client and not the dummy client anymore.

How can I make the dummy client the default in each of these correspondences?

Sorry for such a long winded question.