wends is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Linking a criteria form and other problems....

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following, i am trying to set up an unbound form to use to set criteria for a report (end result will be a 1 item report verses multi item report), i am struggling to do this. Any suggestions will be very grateful.

Second problem - i will have multiple users of the this database all using it at approximately the same time to enter data on a regular basis - how can i set it up so users can update and enter data at any time without any hassles of waiting for others to do so?

Again, any suggestions will be very welcome and gratefully received.

thanks a bunch for your help.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    For the first item, review tutorials at http://datapigtechnologies.com/AccessMain.htm especially Build a Custom Filter in Your Form and Creating a Basic Search Form in the Access Forms: Tips and Techniques section. Set up the parameters for the report's RecordSource query as described in the tutorials.

For second, review this http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...ue-323364.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

wends is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    awesome , thank you for that, it was very helpful. I do have some more questions though all relating to the database i am trying to design, and as a newbie to access i am not that familar with the capablities available. so in brief here are some questions, please let me know if more info is required.

how do i create a pop up box that will hold information (help) on the what to enter into a field? i think these would be called a hover over text box or similar.

if data is entered into a field - can you mke other forms / fields complusary to enter data into? and can you do this with date entries - so if a date is first entered as a 'proposed start date', that when this dates becomes a NOW() date or a past date you are required to enter data into another form?

can you completely automate the sending of a report once the criteria is met for the form output?

can you have spell check within a field that is set to memo?

how do you add a date stamp to an update and can you have a stamp to show a which user made the update?

how do you create a group for different permissions?

can you have different levels of access permissions?

As i progress with my little creation i am sure i will have more questions. Thanks again

Wends

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    "how do i create a pop up box that will hold information (help) on the what to enter into a field? i think these would be called a hover over text box or similar"

Check out the ControlTipText property of controls (labels, textboxes, comboboxes, etc.)

Most everything else you ask about are common topics. Do some searching of forum or Google and when you have specific question about an issue you encounter, post question. Solutions will probably call for code (macro or VBA).
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.