mnl is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Selected record want to show on the form

Hi!

I have Vendor Data Entry Form which included
    ID
    Name
    Address

I added the OnEnter event under ID that pop up the Qry Subform of Vendor itself mentioned all the records related with that ID. ( I have no PK on ID because some vendor have different address).Now I have no idea how to do.
    I want to double click on the one record from the Qry subform and want to see automatically fill up all the fields in the "Name" and "Address" of Main Form.

It's already

Thanks.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    A 'subform' should not be a 'popup'. A subform sits on the main form and Master/Child links properties of the subform container control will synchronize related records.

You want the Name and Address values to fill the subform? Or you want Name and Address info from subform record to fill the main form? Why not using a combobox on main form?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

mnl is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Sorry. Not Pop up. I mean refresh:-)
    Thanks for the reply , Mod. Is it possible to do this way. There is Order_Form that included
    Order_ID
    Description
    Vendor_ID
    Vendor_Address

On the order_form, there is one command button that can see all vendors list by popup datasheet or message box or something. Once you think the vendor that you looking for is in the table, double click on it. Once you click on the record, the whole Vendor_ID and address will go into the related fields on Order_form.
    I'm thinking about combo box but I don't want it since i have thousands of vendor.
    Appreciate in advance..:-)

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I don't have problem with combobox that has several thousand rows. You should try it before giving up on it. Anything else will probably be much more complicated and less reliable search. Set the combobox up as multi-column, RowSource like:

SELECT VendorID, VendorName FROM Vendors ORDER BY VendorName;

Other Properties:
    ColumnCount: 2
    BoundColumn: 1
    ColumnWidths: 0";2"
    AutoExpand: Yes

Then use the NotInList event to handle new vendors.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.