NIRAJ is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Angry Removing colon (:) from reports

I'm using Access 2010 on Windows XP and I'm having problem with colons ( showing up on blank lines of the report. I don't know how to get rid of it. I inherited this database from a previous user and he's long gone. Any information that would help is greatly appreciated

Thanks.

June7 is offline VIP
    There is some code somewhere that says 'use : if value is null or empty string' or something like that. This is most likely an expression in a query or textbox ControlSource property or in code behind the report. You will simply have to track it down. Is there any VBA code behind the report? You could start with a search in the VBA editor for that character.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

NIRAJ is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    There is some code somewhere that says 'use : if value is null or empty string' or something like that. This is most likely an expression in a query or textbox ControlSource property or in code behind the report. You will simply have to track it down. Is there any VBA code behind the report? You could start with a search in the VBA editor for that character.
    Thanks for the response, but I waded through the code looking for ":" but did not find any. So it can't be the code. But after further examination, I found the following. See attached image. All the labels have a ":" at the end, except for the label "Development Area", whose ":" for some reason is showing up under it. What is causing? Is there something in the label property I need to fix?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-2-2012 10-01-29 AM.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	6580

VariableZ is offline Partially Knowledgeable
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Just a shot in the dark since I can't see your code, but could the label be a tad short? You can try making it a little longer and see if that clears up the problem.

June7 is offline VIP
    I don't think that is a label showing the :, but maybe a textbox that has either an expression in ControlSource that results in the : display or a field in table has only that character in it. Check the textbox ControlSource, still not found, do a Search on that column in the table.
    Last edited by June7; 03-03-2012 at 03:14 AM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.