sai_rlaf is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Back End Database Locking

Here is my situation. I have a split database with an ACCDE Fronte end and a ACCDB back end. All users have access 2007. Through the whole development process I have been able to access the database with no issues. I sent a copy of the FE databases to the trainer so she could create training content. She also had no issues. Now we have been putting the FE onto users desktops and they keep getting error messages. The message they receive is below.

The Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot open or write to the file S:\....File location. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.

What am i missing. Is this something that I can give permission to? I did nothing special with the trainer and it worked fine. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    The Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot open or write to the file S:\....File location. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.
    It sounds like a trust issue. Is the BE in a trusted location? Do all of the users have read/write permissions to the "S:\....File location"??
    Can both you and the trainer be in the database at the same time? (the BE might be set to open exclusive???)

sai_rlaf is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Hold the phone...Just went into the security settings on our shared. For whatever reason the permissions are restricted to certain people for the folder the BE is stored in. I think this is my issue but I will confirm and report back.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.