Kevo is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Help with a split form.....Please!

Hello Everyone,

I have gotten exceptional help from this forum. I knew nothing about access before I created this database and I was able to do so because of you guys. Thanks!

Now the question.....please look at my database and offer any advice or give me your opinion in general.

My main question/ problem is.... Go to "Sterilization Menu" off main splash page.....then "Edit Load Log".... this will bring up a form

If you can tell what I have done...I created a form and then a subform with a list of the table the main form populates. My problem is the functionality of the comboboxes and the way they update/ refresh the list in the subform. I can explain further if you need me to.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    frmLoad is not a split form. It is a form with a subform.

What behavior do you want? The only combobox I see is for the EmployeeID. Changing the EmployeeID has no bearing on the subform and listbox because they are dependent on the LoadID.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Kevo is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry. Yes, this is a form with subform not splitform......

I also asked the wrong question. I should have said ....my problem is the comboboxes in the subform and how they update the listbox below them. The listbox reflects the updates to the table from the subform.

What I am trying to do is create a form so that a user can create a "Load" list of items they are processing. The items are "Instruments", "Sets" and "Implants".
    Each "Department" has their own "Instruments", "Sets", etc... So...the combo box "cboDepartment" is suppose to prompt the options available under "Instruments", etc....
    I created the subform and then "minimized" it enough so that only the current line of data entry was visible....as the user tabs through to the next line it updates the listbox below. This worked fine until I added the "Implants" combobox....this was added later, after I had gotten the "Instruments" and "Sets" to work properly and now I can not recreate the way I got them to work?

Hope this all makes sense! If there is an easier way to do this Please let me know...I am open to redesigning this form!

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Need to fix the jointype between tblImplantSet and tblLoadDetails in the listbox RowSource sql statement.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.