Adsso is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003

Where to start

Hi Guys,

I'm really not sure on where to start on this one and was wondering if you can please suggest some ideas or anything on what to do..

To be honest I'm not the best with Access at all I have been asked to create an error tracking logger for my work so it would have list of employees and team number and team leader and on also other tables would have departments it was sent to and then on a form we can just go through and select the employee and it auto fills ext number and team leader and team number and the person who logs it would then complete the rest from the drop down box and then type in comments if required.

Can someone please advise where would the best place be to start as I said I'm really having no idea.. I know I need to create a table for employees and a table of areas and errors but how would I be able to have it auto fill from one drop down option and filter into another table to keep track of errors ?

This is where I'm lost I don't want to create heaps until I get the how to first.. sorry if this sounds stupid but I reallly am feeling stupid.

Thanking everyone advance.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsso View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm really not sure on where to start on this one and was wondering if you can please suggest some ideas or anything on what to do..

To be honest I'm not the best with Access at all I have been asked to create an error tracking logger for my work so it would have list of employees and team number and team leader and on also other tables would have departments it was sent to and then on a form we can just go through and select the employee and it auto fills ext number and team leader and team number and the person who logs it would then complete the rest from the drop down box and then type in comments if required.

Can someone please advise where would the best place be to start as I said I'm really having no idea.. I know I need to create a table for employees and a table of areas and errors but how would I be able to have it auto fill from one drop down option and filter into another table to keep track of errors ?

This is where I'm lost I don't want to create heaps until I get the how to first.. sorry if this sounds stupid but I reallly am feeling stupid.

Thanking everyone advance.
    Shouldn't feel stupid. Everyone has to start somewhere. We all were there once upon a time.

So start here:
    http://www.accessmvp.com/Strive4Peace/

You need to have some basics (no pun intended) first. Go through everything, then go through it again. (and again).

I still learn things from the site.. must have been there 100 times and still learning.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.