worldwidewall is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Make Table Quesry Help

I am using Access 2003.

I have created a Makle Table Query which gives me the invalid argument error because it makes the database balloon to over 2gb. I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to get the make table query to save data in one database until it reaches say 1.9 gb and then begin saving the rest of the data in another database?

2. Is there a wey to pause or stop a make table query to see the results and then let it run again?

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    1. Only thing I could suggest is that you filter the records so only some are used in the make table. Maybe a date cutoff.

2. no

Why do you need make table anyway?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi June

I will try to restrict the data as you suggest.

The make table query is one of many that I am trying to use to get specific results. I have tried to break it into make table queries so I can see what is happening at each step. I made a single large query to do what I want and it ran for days without giving any results. I need to be able to reference the results later without having to run the queries again.

Thanks for your time.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I am still not sure make table necessary. Are you testing a VBA procedure that builds recordsets? If you test the SQL in Access saved queries those can be viewed just like a table so you can verify the SQL is producing what you want then incorporate in code.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    I agree the make tables are not necessary but I find it easier to keep things organized at least at this point.

I am not using vba just a bunch of queries which I have built in design view in access.

I have reduced my table data significantly and I still go over 2gb.... I will try it again and reduce further.

Thanks for your help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.