Trina76 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Question Creating a auto fill from a combo box

Hi, Could anyone please help? I am trying to get a combo box to auto fill a form for me instead of having to write the data in each time.

I will try to explain the best i can. I have created a database giving me details of young carers and the caring roles they do, which school they go to etc this is all on a tabbed database so I can click on a tab and enter the next set of information. Now I need to add their GP details.

What i would like to do is be able to have a form linked to their main form (linked by youngcarersID) so i can use a combo box to choose which GP surgery they attend so it then auto fills the form with the correct GP lead, correct address and telephone number and emails of the surgery. As i have so many young carers on the database I dont want to be adding the addresses each time. (I will have over 800 to enter when this is done!) It would also need to be saved each time I enter a new referral too.

I have created a table GP_Leads and have fields for the GP lead, the surgery name (which i want to use as the combo) address fields 1,2,3 and postcode, telephone number and email. I have set the Surgery names GPSurgeryID as a autonumber

It all seems to go Pete Tong when i try to get the fields to autofill. Please please please someone help before i go really really insaine!

Sorry if this post was too long or put in the wrong place. Thank you in advance

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Thank you so much for your reply! That has made a little sense! I will try that out as soon as i get into work! Will it save on each record though? I wouldnt want that information to disapear when I shut down the db or have to re-enter every time.

Thank you again, it has been driving me mad for days!

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    If you add to the record that is open (filtered), then when you go to a new record or release the filter, the information you added is saved.

Alan

Thank you!

Cant wait to get to work to try it............ never thought I'd say that!

Will let you know if I can get it to work!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.