cd74 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Needing Help:Is it possible to create .IIF Files with Access?

Greetings,

I am a fairly new DBA in Fort Worth Texas working for Communication Solutions. I am currently creating Quickbooks IIF files (a cash file and an invoice file) using FileMaker Pro Advanced 11. The company is moving away from using FileMaker in the near future. I currently import the files from SQL Server 2005 into FileMaker. I have been assigned to change the current FileMaker process into either using SQL, SSIS, or MS Access. I chose MS Access. I know that I can import files from SQL Server 2005 int Access but my question to anyone is this: Is there any way possible that Access could export files into a Quickbook Intuit Interchange Format (.iif)file? For example, the .iif file has a certain format that it uses before it can be imported into in Quickbooks. I will attach an example of how the end result looks like as an iif (the .iif is saved as an Excel file and then imported into Quickbooks). You will see that the first 3 lines have certain field names. Quickbooks requires this in order to create .iif files. for the transactions, you will se trns, spl (the line items) and endtrns for each transaction. I am trying to find out of Access could export SQL fields and put them in this type of format. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CD

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Access can do anything - it is just that some things have to be manually, Access won't do it for you. Here you will create a table and start populating it with data in the manner you require, either through separate queries or VBA. Make sure that the table has a sort sequence on it which allow the records to be exported in the correct sequence.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.