Phred is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Sub Form Disappears When I add new field

I am under a time constraint and really need help. Access 2007, Win 7 64 bit, Development skills medium, No VBA involved except me.refresh. Sub form works until I add a field.

1. I have a main form, single form, where you select criteria. Meal name, Meal ID, Start Date and End date.

2. You click the button Find Meals which only has the code me.refresh.

3. The sub form is based on a select query that reads the criteria off the main form and refreshes the sub form (continuous form) with the correct data. See Pic 1.

4. The select query is based on one table. See Pic 2.

I add one additional field from the table to the query. I then add the field to the sub form.

When I reopen the main form the sub form has disappeared from the screen. I select the same criteria in the parent form and click the button and nothing shows up. See Pic 3.

I go to the query outside of the form. I add the one field I want. I open the form and select the criteria on the screen. I run the query outside of the form and it executes perfectly and pulls in the additional field. But if I run it inside the form the sub form vanishes.

I have included three screen snaps. Please ask questions. I am not sure what other information to add. I have recreated forms, queries, etc. all to no avail. It seems like all my properties are ok, but something is wrong.

Phred
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EditMealsQueryAdd1Field.JPG  

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Can you provide the database for analysis? Copy, remove confidential data, run Compact & Repair, zip if large, attach to post. The attachment manager is below the Advanced post editor.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Two Screens Disappearing

I tried uploading it but the limit is 500 KB. I'm up around 11 megs. I don't think I can even zip it near 500 KB.

Thanks for your interest though.

Phred

June7 is offline VIP
    Zip file of 2mb allowed. Did you run Compact & Repair first?

Or upload to a fileshare site such as box.com and post link to the file.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

short version

Hi:

I created a new database and imported the Main Form, Sub Form, Query and Table. I get exactly the same problem but now it is 512 KB. I can send it to you.

In Form Design you see everything. In Form view the objects vanish out from the inside of the sub form. I gotta look at Box.com, never heard of it.

Thanks Again,

Phred

June7 is offline VIP
    Did not extract enough. There are objects missing that don't let the forms operate properly. Table for the comboboxes RowSources not available. The query parameters reference through a MainForm that is not available. MealCount field is not in RecordSource so the textbox has an error tag.

However, in spite of all that the subform does show when I open the form/subform so I cannot replicate your issue.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.