StarFinder is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Invoice Help..Printing too many times

Have a big problem. I created a form that contains a subform to enter items purchased.

Created a query with parameter on RecordID "[Forms]![Computer Repair Form]![Record ID]" to pull the record currently open and print a report invoice.

The problem I am having is that when I click the print command button, it will print one page for every item in the subform. If I have 25 items purchsed, I will get 25 pages....

Can someone please guide me on a proper way to print an invoice.

The way it is suppose to work is to print the first page and waht ever items don't fit in the page, access will print another page with the rest of the items.

Hope I explained it properly, I need to resolve this issue cause I need to work in another form with the same problem that I need to get working.

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You are printing a report object, not the form?

What is the Force New Page setting of the Detail section of report?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thank you June7

Report object, not the form... I mean I have a report with a command button to print the report. it will print what ever record is open to printer. The problems is that is printing one receipt for every item enter into the subform.

I have the report in design view. Looking at the property sheet, I can't find that property "Force new page" on the property sheet.

As you can tell I am pretty new at this.

June7 is offline VIP
    Select the Detail section (click on the Detail bar). Force New Page property is at the bottom of the Format tab. Make sure it says None.

Be sure to check this property of the subreport.

A subreport (or subform) is created by putting a subreport/subform container control on the main object. The container holds a report or form. Click once on the 'subreport' and that selects the container. Click again and that selects the form or report and whatever control or part the cursor is over.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Force new page is set "none"

This is what I have:
    A main for with the customer information and some calculation fields which I have an issue with but I will cross that bridge after I cross this one.

In the main form I have a form that I dragged into the main form to become s subform. The subform is based on a query.

On the query I have this Criteria "[Forms]![Mainform]![Record ID]" to match the record ID on the main form.

I then inserted that same subform into the report.

I know it's hard to picture what someone else is doing. I will give you any information you need to help across the bridge...

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Criteria in query not needed. Use the Master/Child links properties of the subform/subreport containers to synchronize related records.

Guess will have to analyze the project to figure out the report issue, if you want to provide it.

What would you need? the database?

June7 is offline VIP
    Yes. Could make copy, remove confidential data, run Compact & Repair, zip if large, attach to post. Attachment Manager is below the Advanced post editor.

Or upload to a fileshare site such as box.com and post link to the file.

Here it is. Left one record so you get an idea.

It is very far from perfect. Refining as I learn....

IF you can please provide me with the changes so I can learn I would appreciate it...

I appreciate everything you are doing, the time you are putting into it.

Not sure what time is by you now but it is 2:10 AM here and I need to be up early. Wish I could stay up and finish this tonight but have to hit the sack.

Will check first thing in the morning and will get back to you...
    Thanks a million.

Is it a total mess?

June7 is offline VIP
    Not totally, just a few changes. Actually, looks quite nice.

The RecordSource for the main report should not include the RepairItems table (same goes for Computer Repair Form - and can just bind the form to table). Also, need to set the Master/Child links of the subreport container control.

By using the Master/Child links, no need for parameter in the subform query. And actually, the RecordSource for SubFormPrintForm can just be the RepairItems table, no query needed.

I have never used a form as a subreport. I knew it could be done, just never had situation that allowed dual purposing of form. If it still prints multiple pages, try a report object for the subreport. But I think the above edits should correct the issue.

I don't like to use input parameters in queries. Queries are more versatile without them. I prefer to use WHERE CONDITION argument of OpenReport action to pass filter criteria to the report. This is where I would reference "[Forms]![Mainform]![Record ID]". Do this and again, no need for query as RecordSource, just the table.
    Last edited by June7; 02-04-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.