Paul H is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Slider Bar Question

I'm posting this as a separate topic, but it is a sub question to this thread.

I have a scrollbar/slider bar on a continuous form that is functional, except I cannot get it to reset when moving to the next record. If you drag the slider to a score of 90 (scores run from 1 to 150) when you move to the next record the slider position remains at 90. The text box that records the score is not updated until the Update event takes place, but I want the slider bar to start one the far left, i.e. 1, for each row to prevent the user from being influence by the last score. I can't seem to get this to work.

I've tried the after update on the text box (txtScore), but I can't trigger it.

I've tried the After Update on the form, but for some reason that sets the value on the row just scored back to 1. After Insert doesn't work either. I'm using the Microsoft Scrollbar 2.0.

I may not be expressing this clearly, so please ask questions. I'd love to get this to cooperate.
    Last edited by Paul H; 01-25-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Fixed link

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    I'm posting this as a separate topic, but it is a sub question to this thread.

I have a scrollbar/slider bar on a continuous form that is functional, except I cannot get it to reset when moving to the next record. If you drag the slider to a score of 90 (scores run from 1 to 150) when you move to the next record the slider position remains at 90. The text box that records the score is not updated until the Update event takes place, but I want the slider bar to start one the far left, i.e. 1, for each row to prevent the user from being influence by the last score. I can't seem to get this to work.

I've tried the after update on the text box (txtScore), but I can't trigger it.
    I've tried the After Update on the form, but for some reason that sets the value on the row just scored back to 1. After Insert doesn't work either. I'm using the Microsoft Scrollbar 2.0.

I may not be expressing this clearly, so please ask questions. I'd love to get this to cooperate.
    Have you tried the form current event? It fires when changing to a different record. If you know what code to use to reset the slider, try add it (the code) to the form current event.

Paul H is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Thumbs up

Hallelujah! It works! Form Current, I like it.

Did I say I was pleased?
    Last edited by Paul H; 01-26-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Add Signature

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.