jkenworthy is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

New to Access, looking for direction!

Hey all, I'm very new to access, I just started using it about 2 days ago on a hunch that it will help at my work.

I work in an athletic department and my goal is to have a system where I can store all of our athlete's information in an organized, flexible manner. Ideally we could generate lists or reports that break down our students by sport, grade, etc. Or even a report that when we type in a date for something like medical paperwork, we get a list of records that show every athlete who has 'expired' paperwork. Also, things like having a check list for permission forms or if they have paid their sports fees that subsequently generates a list of anyone who doesn't have those things checked off for a list of certain sports (say, this time of year, for any of the 5 winter sports).

I can quickly filter the information in the original table that I've created for most of these requests, but I was hoping there was a way that I could permanently create a Form or Report that I can simply click on the left column and enter something like a medical form date (or a similar form for grades, sports, etc) and it generate something for me to print to give to our coaches.

Again, I can sort of accomplish this on a short term basis with the filter option but I was hoping I could permanently create something so when others would like to find this information they can simply click the form or report on the left column and complete the process on their own (some of my co-workers aren't as computer savvy and asking them to grasp the idea of a manual filter is just too much to ask).

Thanks for any suggestions or help that you guys can provide. I'm really hoping that getting a good Access system in place will really smooth over a lot of our processes and record keeping.

JK

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.