harris90 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Problem With a Search Form

Hi there,

I have been trying to make an access database to record call logs taken -
    I have then attempted to create a search form using the issues db (microsoft provided) as a template. unfortunately i keep getting errors when attempting to use the search form but i am unsure how to solve them - im clueless on VBA and would welcome any help

Please see the attatched database

(also i have been trying to get the subform to display in dataview permanently if anyone knows how?)

Thanks in Advance

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    Well..... I started correcting the things I saw that were wrong, but there were too many things that needed fixing , so I created a new search form.

I tried to leave your names alone, but I had to change a few of them. "Name" is a reserved word ans shouldn't be used for object names. That was one of the problems. You also shouldn't use special (non alpha-numeric) characters except the underscore.

Anyway, I hope my example will help...

Windows XP Access 2003

Thankyou

Wow thankyou so much you sir are a legend!

Windows 2K Access 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by harris90 View Post
    Wow thankyou so much you sir are a legend!
    I received you PM; not sure what you are asking. I tend to use saved queries for form record sources, not tables. I also use saved queries for reports, combo boxes and list boxes. It is easier to do sorting, filtering and to make changes/print to SQL. would you try explaining again?

Again, the form I created was an example of the code needed to do the filtering. I would have designed to form differently, but I tried to stay with how you set the form up.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Ah i was merely copying the way they had displayed it on the guide database from microsoft as I didnt know what i was doing!
    I meant to make the search form more user friendly in terms of how the search results come back.

I.e be in a list where you can see all the search results at the same time and click on which ever one to view it in the form view to view/edit it

Does this make sense? There will end up being thousands of those call logs (eventually) and at current if you had 100 results come back all under the same criteria you would have to scroll through each one individually.

I hope you can help ( if you understand me)

Thank you

Windows 2K Access 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by harris90 View Post
    Ah i was merely copying the way they had displayed it on the guide database from microsoft as I didnt know what i was doing!
    I meant to make the search form more user friendly in terms of how the search results come back.

I.e be in a list where you can see all the search results at the same time and click on which ever one to view it in the form view to view/edit it

Does this make sense? There will end up being thousands of those call logs (eventually) and at current if you had 100 results come back all under the same criteria you would have to scroll through each one individually.

I hope you can help ( if you understand me)

Thank you
    You can do something like the search form in the attached MDB.....

Note: I have changed several of the form & field names due to special characters, spaces and reserved words.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.