Andyjones is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

Form

Hi

Does anybody know if the following is possible.

I want to create a single form, which allows 1 record with multiple entries then when you press the add new record button ite shows you blank fields ready to enter the next record of data.

Example of what i would like form to look like idealy.

Team Name - Date of Home Game

Player Name played won lost player points

andrew
    louise
    Stan

Is there anyway of doing this without code. If some on has any example i could refer to that would be great.

Please be advised that I am not trying to get someone do do the work for me i have already created a database that works just trying ti improve on the one i have by making data entry easier.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    You will need to use some VBA. Very simple however.

Create a command button. In the on click event for the button type this code
    Code:
        DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
        Forms!YourFormName.YourFieldNameYouWantToHaveTheCursorOn.SetFocus
    Alan

thanks i will try it. but could u show me a form which this command is working so i can see if it is what i need

Hi could you please show me an example form where this code is working as i have tried this and it does not seem to work for me, also how can i limit a record to a set number of entries

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Why doesn't it work - error message, wrong results, nothing happens? Show your code or attach project. What do you mean by 'limit a record to a set number of entries'? A record is only one entry.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

in a continous form i want to limitthe record entries to 8 and then have a command button that when i click it will open a new record of 8 entries but they would be blank i. e 8 players in a team 8 records to add the data.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    So you want to enter another team after 8 entries. Never tried anything like this. Probably would involve doing a count of the existing records after each record saved. Maybe use DCount function in some event, perhaps Form AfterUpdate.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

This is what im trying to do.

I am a capt of a sunday and saturday bowls team, my 1st attempt at creating a database for logging and reporting on my results are posted witin this thread. im trying to improve on it by having astarting from scratch.

Il start with sunday teams and players as its smallest one.

my team on a sunday morinng has 8 players from those players they can only score a maximum of 21 if the reach 21 they have won the game.

im trying to create two forms 1 for sunday home games one for sunday away games like so

Sunday Home

Date of Home game
    Team Name (Team we are playing against)

Player Name Played Home, Won H Lost H Points Score 1 Score 2

Played won lost are yes no fields score 1 = my players score- score 2= there player score

The same form will be created for away games. but depending on what players i know are avalible the team will either stay the same or change.

From the tables i want to then create a query that calcualtes each playes stats ie how many games played won lost for against etc

All of this works in my 1st database im jus trying to make it easier for entering the data by creating a score card form.

see attached you will see what im trying to do if you can help with this that would be great but i cant realy think of any other way of explaining this.

http://www.box.com/s/d2sim8hmyks82f05rmuy

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.