Validation dependent Text

I am trying to set up a form so that a text box that says either:-

Bonus Due
    No Bonus Due
    Bonus Paid

It will display only one of the three lines of text dependent on whether the individual concerned has worked for 500 days since they started employment. if they've already been paid the bonus then the last line is displayed.

I am strapped for where to start. Is it a text box I am inserting? I am not sure.

I know I need to apply validation referring to the Date_Employment_started field but am just unsure where to start initially.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

R_Badger is offline Knows a few tricks
    Windows XP Access 2003
    You need two fields for this, and you need to decide your update method.You need a text field [Bonus Status], and set the default value to "No Bonus Due"Then you need your [Date_Employment_started] field (The previous statement assumes new entries default =0).Then comes your update method, I personally would use an update query to select [Date_Employment_started]>500 and [Bonus Status]="No Bonus due" to update the [bonus status] to ="Bonus Due"Validation rules are only good for ensuring data is valid at the time of entry, it doesnt update later when the rule would have altered the context.If you need help with writing an update or select query I can provide examples.HTH!

Cool Thanks

If you need help with writing an update or select query I can provide examples.HTH!

Yes please. I've never done update queries before. I understand what you mean regarding valifdation.

Update Query

Thanks for the help.
    I have created an update query which selects employees who have worked than 500 days. How do I link the Bonus due textbox to the update query? I am unsure what to do next.

Any help appreciated.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.