wfeandsig is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Yes/No Box based on arguement

I am developing a Canadian Guiding Access DB for Program badges. It is a qualification tracking with basic Member info as well.

I have several yes/no boxes over many tables that I want to work off an arguement of wether another set of boxes in a differnet table is yes. If one yes/no box in tblInterest_Badges is checked then a yes/no box in tblProgram_areas should be checked. If two or more yes/no boxes in tblInterest_badges are checked then another yes/no box in tblProgram_areas is checked. If three or more yes/no boxes in tblCommunicate_Message are checked then a yes/No box in tblProgram_areas is checked. And so on.

How do I set this up? I was thinking VB language would be something like a for next loop with the arguement being true (yes) if n=2 or 3 or whatever and N increases everytime a box in the appropriate table is checked.

Using a yes/no box in tblProgram_areas with a look-up wizard to the complete box in tblPLM. Not sure if this is a good approach, don't know how it will display just yet as I have no data in DB. But wondering if I have the look-up point to the complete box in another table will it always mirror the result in the table?

Is there a way to have a value in a table be a count of the number of yes/no boxes in a table that are yes? Can another yes/no box in a different table be keyed to that box and true/yes if the count is equal to are greater then a certain number?
    Last edited by wfeandsig; 12-09-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Windows XP Access 2003

Thinking somemore

oops I did it again
    Last edited by wfeandsig; 12-09-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Windows XP Access 2003

Thinking Again

Is there a way to have a value in a table be a count of the number of yes/no boxes in a table that are yes? Can another yes/no box in a different table be keyed to that box and true/yes if the count is equal to are greater then a certain number?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Should I be doing this in a Query or Report?

dblife is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi.
    Thats a lot of checkboxes! :-)
    How about setting up tables like,
    tGuideDetails
    gdID
    gdNameFirst
    gdNameLast

tInterest
    iID
    iDescription

tInterestTracking
    itID
    itInterestId
    itGuideId
    itDateCompleted

With this structure, you could record an entry in the interest tracker table, use a count function to calculate how many times each guide completes an interest.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.