goosegoose35 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Query issues

Hello all. I was tasked by my CFO yesterday to add a new element to my existing database. I will try to keep what I am trying to do simple.

Basically we do finance for multiple projects. each project has employers.

my database records these employers names, SSN, dates registered, program they are in, and a few other elements as well.

What I have been tasked to do is create a new table with the project managers in that table. this way in a query or report i can pull "sally sue's" projects or whoever I needed to. There are many PM's who have more than one project.

Here is what I have for relationships:

on the Project Managers table I have a PK for ID and then the PM Name as a second field. the ID field is linked to the Programs table which has a PM ID and Program name

The Program table is also related to the employer table which has all of the employers and their info. the relation between the two tables is the Program Name.

So when I run a query or report my goal is to be able to pick any project manager and get the associated count of employers under all of that projects managers programs. I have gotten errors when running queries. Perhaps I have the relationships set up wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

goosegoose35 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I figured it out, one of my relationships were indeterminate so that's what threw off the query, i was able to fix the program to program to be one to many and now my query runs fine.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.