KrisDdb is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Question Suggestions for Form Design

I want to design a form in a way similar to how a folder has subfolders i.e when I open the master-form, I want it to display more forms, each of which when opened would have numerous reports/forms etc. At present I have a master-form that has navigation buttons, each of which leads to a seperate form. But the problem is my master-form is getting flooded with navigation buttons as I keep doing new reports everyday, and as per the requirement I need to put them under seperate buttons (this is because of user restrictions that I have set up making only few users see particular objects).

So can anyone suggest me a few ways I can design a new master form which would not need so many navigation buttons? I have an idea about tabs, but I want to know if there is something better.

Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Maybe have multiple master forms by category? Using tabs would have the same result. Or you could make lists that they can select from and then one button once they have selected something (such as "Open"). Hope this helps.

KrisDdb is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Arrow other than lists?

Thanks for the reply.

I want the main form to display the other forms like the folders and sub-folders in a hard-drive. As per your suggestion, I can get it going through lists/radio buttons/check boxes, but I do not want that. I am trying to do something I have not done.

Quote Originally Posted by aytee111 View Post
    Maybe have multiple master forms by category?
    I apologize if I was vague. But what I meant by the master page is that it is something like a home page on a website. I can have only one of it.

In simple words, you can imagine the hard drive folder structure. I am trying to do something like that.
    After yesterday's post, what I have done is, I have tried to put in other navigation forms (with vertical tabs) under the main form. So the sub-navigation forms have navigation buttons, that open up the reports or forms, instead of clogging the main form with all of them.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.