Mackie is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Pushing a button sets value in Table Help

Hi All,

I am very new to access, however I am a fast learner with some previous code experience!

I am currently building a fairly large database which is going to be a full manual test plan that will include an FRS (Firmware Requirement Specification), a full 200 test cases with the option to build reports from that can display charts of results of pass and failed cases along with other statistics.... Thats the plan anyway and afaik this is going to be completely possible.

The question I have is...

In my form I have set a few labels in the form that have descriptions of the FRS Reference, Steps to take in this particular test case scenario, and expected results. Underneath this are three buttons: [Pass] [Fail] [Skipped]
    with another text box underneath which is disabled by default.

For example, upon pressing Fail I have set it so that it changes the Property values of pass and skipped to locked so you cannot change the result, changed the background colour of the steps to take label to red so you are alerted the test failed and enabled the comment box (text box) so that you submit details why the test fail.

The setup I have done is having 2 tables sharing the same ID, when you type a comment as to why a test case failed, it will be logged in one table, and when push Pass/Fail/Skipped it shall submit into another table that, for example, test case 3.1.1 failed. Here is a minimal drawing:

-----------------------

So as you can see this is how the Pass fail table will be set...

What I want to know is how do I make it so when you push, for example, fail... It will set table column, again for example 3.1.1, to fail?

I hope this makes sense, if someone needs a copy of the db so far please inbox instead this is fairly confidential data, not game breaking but enough I want to keep it private

Many Regards,

Mac

// I want to clarify to everyone I know how to make a form submit data to a table from say text boxes, drop down menus etc, but not data submitted from a button push, I could go down the route of having a check box or drop down menu to say whether it passes or fails etc but I'd prefer a single button that changes everything in the form as I've set so far... enabling comment box disabling other buttons etc....
    Last edited by Mackie; 12-07-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added some clarification

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.