Abacus1234 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

Access Application with mailmerge to Word printing multiple copies of documents

This problem is intermittent. Happening primarily on Windows XP, Service pack3 environment with Office 2007.

My access application which uses vba code to open and merge a document, ends up printing more than one copy of the document. My code was checked by Microsoft and they suggested the problem was in a print driver.

Changing the driver does not always fix the problem which is intermittent to begin with.

The code can print a selection of documents, or open and merge one document. If you look at the document after merging, it has multiples of each page. Can this example be a printer driver issue, or does it suggest that it is happening in the code. If it is in the code, it is intermittent and does not make sense.

Abacus

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    don't know. but one approach is to begin with Word - and make your mail merge doc via the Word software (just copy in the boiler plate, and remake the inserts)..... and then I'm fairly certain you will never gets duplicates - I never have and I do it this way alot.

now you have a Word doc that opens and links to your query.

then I guess you can go back into Access and simply open the Word doc from there - although now that I type this am not sure if one can fire the print in this manner....so this may not help after all.......sorry about that....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.